Sunday, November 2, 2008

Undas sa probinsya


Summing up Halloween, All Souls Day, and All Saints Day... I think only one thing changed from our usual routine-we celebrated life more than death. 

Naka naman, ano ibig sabihin nun?! 

Instead of lingering from the stories of the dead ones, I and my family members talked more about what they did, what they were currently doing, and plans (not the serious one of course). The mood was very light, feather-like actually. 

First stop, my lolo father side in Camiling, Tarlac. The photo in your left was actually taken from there. It was near dusk so Diana, my younger sister, told us to pose for her sillhoutte shot. Ate isaw and good old Pop Cola. What was funny was that my aunt from dad's side brought this humongous sized album because she just came from her "around the world tour" even in the cemetery! LOL. I caught my sister's eyes gave the album a terrifying look then hurriedly excused herself that she'll get some more photos. Tsk tsk. Yep, I was left to tolerate the vast amount of photos of my aunt. It had a template I tell you. Her + background. Haha!

Next, we visited Mom's clan in Calamba, Laguna. They do not fail to serve great food every time we visit there! We had steamed prawns, lengua, calderetang kambing, pork bbq, grilled pla-pla, ice cream, nilatek na iniruban (a kind of rice cake), and caramel flavored cake (it's kuya carlo's bday today!!!). My cousins, aunts, and Diana (my sister) even hit the notes on karaoke after lunch. Party then eh?! Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A green drop in a bucket...

...will hopefully make a difference in this seemingly hopeless country, Philippines.
Carmela "Melai" Prado is my name; nice for you to drop by. I'm a print layout artist editor learning to be a grammar nazi due to demands of extra-curricular work, The LaSallian. I'm a proud probinsyana of Tarlac!